The University of Tsukuba is delighted to invite applications for a number of scholarships for 2017/18 academic session. Eligible candidates should be the citizens of developing countries who are applying master degree in the field of Economic Policy or Public Policy (PEPP) at the University of Tsukuba. World Bank, the sponsor, provides a fully funded scholarship for the winners. The application deadline is 28 February every year.
The scholarship will offer the benefit as follow:
- Round trip air travel (economy class) between home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance of US$ 500 for each one-way trip
- Full tuition and fees
- A monthly living stipend
- National health insurance
- Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship etc.
Level and Area of Studies
Economics Course, leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Economics and Public Policy Course leading to the degree of Master of Public Policy
Place of Study
At the University of Tsukuba in Japan.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is useful and, in the case of the Course in Economics Policy, highly recommended.
- Demonstrate verbal and quantitative skills.
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
Students from developing countries are welcome to apply.
Please see detail instruction at the website and application link below.
February 28 annually.