Applications for the TWAS-CIIT Postgraduate Fellowship Program are now being accepted. Scientists from any developing country (except Pakistan) are invited to apply. They will be undertaking PhD program in the field of natural or social sciences in Pakistan. A monthly stipend will be given to the winning fellows. The application deadline is 8 August 2017.
Applications are invited for TWAS-CIIT Fellowship Programme to pursue postgraduate research. Fellowship is open to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their Ph.D. in natural or social sciences. The aim of the TWAS-COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Fellowship Programme is to enable and encourage academically able students from developing countries.
With the world’s largest South-South Ph.D. and post-doctoral research fellowship program, TWAS helps early-career researchers to gain education and experience at top global science institutions.
CIIT will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in natural and social science.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Pakistan.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, students must satisfying the given criteria as follow:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not be on site in Pakistan;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold an MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- Be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year of application;
- For SANDWICH Fellowships: be registered Ph.D. students in a developing country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample in guidelines);
- For Full-time Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in Pakistan;
- Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from CIIT (see sample Acceptance Letter on page 5). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman (by e-mail: tariqurrahman-at-comsats.edu.pk) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Only the citizens of a developing country (other than Pakistan) are invited to apply this fellowship.
Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CIIT when applying, or by the deadline at the latest.
8 August 2017.