The UNESCO and Czech Republic Government are delighted to offer a number of fellowships for overseas students who will be undertaking master or undergraduate program in Czech Republic. Eligible students should be pursuing degree in one of the defined courses as listed below. Successful applicants will receive fully-funded award which is tenable for maximum six years. The application deadline is 30 September 2015.
In order to promote human resource capacities in the developing Member States and to enhance friendship among peoples of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate studies (which comprises the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2016-2017) for the benefit of certain developing Member States. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
Each of the selected candidates will receive the benefits as follow:
- Tuition is free of charge
- A monthly allowance of 14,000 Czech Crowns (1 euro = approximately 25 crowns) for students undertaking bachelor and master’s study programmes (Should this allowance be considered insufficient, the applying Member State may consider granting a partial contribution, or, the candidate may have to seek other funds from private sources to complement this allowance)
- Accommodation at the student dormitories at reduced rates (to be paid by the fellow out of the allowance mentioned in (b) above)
- Access to meals (to be paid with the monthly allowance) in the student dining halls
- Access to discounts for urban transportation
- The Ministry of Health provides medical care to fellows.
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic. And,
- A special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and bachelor degree in line with UNESCO and Czech Republic’s commitment to maximize capacity-building, candidates who wish to study in the fields of natural resources and environment, forestry water and landscape management, technology and environmental engineering, economics and finance would be given priority.
Place of Study
The study should be taken in Czech Republic.
Eligibility and Criteria
There is no possibility to change neither the field of study nor the study programme once the fellowship is awarded. The donor country highly recommends the following field of studies: Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Water and Landscape Management, Economics and Finance, Environment, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Informatics, Engineering Informatics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering. Preference will be given to students who will take these fields of study.
International students are welcome to apply.
The application should be made online. Please see the detail instruction of the application process can be seen at the link below.
30 September 2015.