Annually, the University of Sheffield in UK award the University Prize Scholarships for outstanding doctoral students at the university. International students are eligible to apply this scholarship prize award. Full tuition fees and other interesting benefits will be given to the successful candidates. Deadline is February 1, 2017. Please find the detail information of this award below.
The University Prize Scholarships are offered on annual basis. The very best PhD applicants are the main target of this award. If you’re among the brightest and best in your field, they want to hear from you.
Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/departmental expertise.
The following are the detail information of things covered by this university prize scholarship:
- full tuition fees (UK, EU or Overseas)
- an annual, tax-free maintenance stipend of £20,000
- a Research Training Support Grant of £2,500 per year for study visits, conferences, books, consumables and equipment.
- Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate (i.e. £10,000 maintenance per year).
Level and Area of Studies
PhD level in all available subjects
Place of Study
University of Sheffield, UK
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
- Applicants should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University.
All nationalities are eligible to apply.
On acceptance of an offer of admission you will be sent details of how to apply for scholarship funding. If you have already accepted an offer of admission please log into your Postgraduate application account and complete the additional Scholarship section.
1 February 2017