The University of the West annually offers a number of the International Buddhist Education Foundation Scholarships/IBEF Scholarship. The scholarships are open to either current or new students at the Department of Religious Studies at the University of the West. Varied amount of the will be given. Applications are accepted in Spring and Fall semester. Please anticipate the deadline in November and April each year
The International Buddhist Education Foundation (IBEF) established the IBEF Scholarship to encourage outstanding students who need financial aid to study Buddhism and complete their education.
- $4,500 each semester for Ph.D degree students;
- $3,500 each semester for MA or M. Div degree students;
- $3,000 each semester for BA degree students.
- Not available for non-degree seeking students.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, master and PhD degree in Buddist studies.
Place of Study
At the University of the West in USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
- New or current students in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of the West, at either the undergraduate or the graduate level, who have been recommended and sponsored by the head of a Fo Guang Shan or Fo Guang Shan affiliated organization around the world;
- New or current students in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of the West, at either the undergraduate or the graduate level, who are not currently receiving any other form of a full scholarship;
- Have a Term GPA and Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Be a full-time student: Undergraduate applicants must enroll in a minimum of 12 units per semester; Graduate applicants must enroll in a minimum of 9 units per semester. Exceptions to this rule are only possible under the following circumstances: BA, MA and M.Div. students, BA, MA and M.Div and Ph.D. Students
There is no nationality restriction.
Please click the link below to see detail instruction of application procedure.
November 15, and April 1 of every year.