The York University is pleased to invite applications for the VISTA Fellowship Program. The fellowship is open to high-caliber scholars doing postdoctoral research that is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of a VISTA core member. There is no citizenship requirement to participate in the VISTA Fellowship Program. Entries are accepted no later than April 16 and September 7 on annual basis.
The winners of the VISTA Fellowship will receive benefit as follow:
- Fellowship: Minimum $55,000/year + benefits for up to 24 months; + Annual research allowance $7,500 and + Annual networking allowance $1,000
- Distinguished Fellowship: Minimum $70,000/year + benefits for up to 24 months; + Annual research allowance $7,500 and + Annual networking allowance $1,000
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program in science.
Place of Study
The VISTA Fellowship will be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be eligible for the VISTA Fellowship, please make sure meet the requirements as follow:
- Your application must be supported by a VISTA Core Member who would become your supervisor. VISTA Associate Members are eligible as co-supervisors with a VISTA Core Member;
- You must hold a doctorate in an area that falls within the VISTA mandate;
- A PhD or equivalent degree must be completed by the start date;
- Postdoctoral Fellows who hold an external award (e.g. NSERC) at York, and who have not previously held a VISTA Postdoctoral Award, are eligible to apply for a one year extension from VISTA during the final year of their award;
- Postdoctoral candidates who are employed at York University under the category of ‘Postdoctoral Visitor’ are only eligible to apply to VISTA during their first 6 months of employment (or until the first available VISTA Postdoctoral Award application deadline, whichever comes first);
- VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship or Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants may NOT apply to work within the same research environment (i.e. institution or supervisor) where they completed their PhD.
- You must accept an offer with a start date: April applicants: No earlier than July 1 and no later than December 1 and September applicants: No earlier than December 1 and no later than July 1
- You must conduct research in the vision sciences that is aligned with the VISTA program.
There is no nationality restriction.
To apply this VISTA Fellowship, please go to the link below.
April 16 and September 7