Entries for the Vitality Medical Scholarship will be accepted through 15 September on annual basis Eligible candidates should be 16 years old or elder. The winning applicants will be granted up to $500. To apply, candidates are required to submit a poem or essay (both) due to the deadline.
Vitality Medical’s Student Disability Scholarship program is designed to encourage and support outstanding students who work hard and want to make a significant impact on their school and community. You do not have to be disabled in order to apply or win. There are many currently non-disabled students at universities that assist other students who are disabled or have used a disability or mobility device during their life. Vitality Medical has been in business since 2000, offering mobility aids and medical supplies.
The VitalityMedical.com disability scholarship fund will bestow $500 to each winner.
Level and Area of Studies
Vitality Medical’s Student Disability Scholarship is for undergraduate and graduate students. This scholarship does not require a specific field of study.
Place of Study
Students must be attending a college or university in the United States and must be in good standing at their school.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school with acceptance at a college or university.
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older.
- Carry a status of “good standing” (i.e. currently enrolled).
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Postmarked by Sept 15 for the current school year.
- Applicants are not required to possess a disability.
Applicant nationality is not a consideration for this scholarship.
For our annual scholarship, please submit a visual poem, in a style of your choosing, on the theme of “how using disability aids has added vitality to your life”. Limit your ‘visual poem’ to an 8.5 in x 11 page. It can be abstract or representational. Please include a personal statement that helps us understand who you are and how your poem relates to adding vitality to your life through disability aids. The poem and personal statement (combined) should be between 500 and 1,000 words, but feel free to write a little more or less. We will not be able to return any submissions. Submissions will become property of VitalityMedical.com. Scholarship winners will be required to provide a photo of themselves for posting to the Internet.
Send all materials to:
ATTN: Vitality Medical Scholars
7910 S 3500 E
SLC, UT 84121
Your application should include the following:
- Typed copy of your submission (make sure to save a digital copy, so we can publish it, in the event that we decide to publish it.)
- First & last name, email address & phone number printed at the top or back of each page.
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts accepted.
September 15 for the current school year.
Website and Application Link