The W.E.B. Du Bois Fellowship is now open. Applications will be accepted through February 8, 2017. This fellowship is targeted to African-American students at West Virginia University. Successful fellows may expect to receive $19,000 in addition to other interesting benefits.
West Virginia University is contented to declare W.E.B. Du Bois Fellowship. Candidates those who have just started graduation, are eligible to apply. Selection of the given fellowship is competitive on the basis of academic merit and potential for success in graduate or professional study.
The Du Bois Fellowships provide an annual stipend of $19,000, waiver of University tuition, a College tuition scholarship (fall and spring terms), payment of University fees, and graduate student health insurance.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any subject.
Place of Study
At West Virginia University, USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Must be African-American/Black.
- Must be incoming graduate students, continuing graduate students are not eligible for these fellowships.
- Must have completed an application for on-campus, fall admission to the College of Law, a MFA program in the College of Creative Arts, or any a doctoral program at the time the fellowship nomination is submitted. Health Sciences doctoral students may not be nominated for this fellowship.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate and 3.5 for graduate course work.
Application can be made through the online system at the website and application link below.
8 February 2017.