Entries for the WARI Fellowship Program are now accepted. This award is exclusively available for Indian scholars who hold PhD qualification and experience in Water Science and Engineering and working in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering. The winning candidates will receive a range of benefits as listed below. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than 31 August 2017.
Recognizing that Water is of fundamental importance for human development, the environment and the economy, and therefore needs to feature prominently in the development agenda of both India and the United States; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the Daugherty Water for Food Institute (DWFI) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have partnered to nurture cooperation between students and scientists from both countries. The Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program-a dynamic and transformative program has thus been developed to foster long term Indo-American science and technology partnerships.
Up to five fellows will be selected to receive the benefits below/per person:
- Monthly Stipend: Fellow: USD 3000 per month
- Air-fare (To be facilitated by IUSSTF Travel desk)
- Contingency allowance
- Health insurance: Fellow: USD 1000
- Housing allowance (Housing to be mandatorily arranged by UNL mentor coordinator; 50% of the Housing cost to be provided by UNL, amount not exceeding USD 400 per month)
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering.
Place of Study
The research will be done in the USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, you must be fulfilling the criteria below:
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must be able of doing independent research work and have published in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open to applicants working in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering.
- Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2017
- Employment: The applicant should be affiliated to a public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution (non-private)/ recognized Universities/Colleges in India
Only Indian citizens are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
31 August 2017.