Entries for the Blog Abroad Scholarship are now accepted. Applicants are invited to write their their experiences while abroad. The scholarship winners will be granted $1,000. This Blog Abroad Scholarship is offered twice a year. The deadline is 1 May and December on annual basis.
The Blog Abroad Scholarship provides $1,000 for students who are interested in writing about their experiences while abroad. Students who are awarded the Blog Abroad Scholarship will be expected to post entries on our WordPress Blog site at least once a week discussing their experience living in a different culture. Students who visit the Office for Study Abroad website will be able to follow the blog and learn more about what it is like to be immersed in a different culture.
The winner of the Blog Abroad Scholarship will receive $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies: Not specified.
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Meets all study abroad eligibility requirements;
- Be willing to immerse yourself in the culture of the host country;
- Creativity and strong writing skills.
The U.S students may apply this scholarship.
Application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- 500- to 750-word sample Blog Post addressing the following Blog prompt: (1). Describe your favorite place to go in DC and why it is your favorite place. (2). Why do you think otherstudents should visit your favorite place?
- Financial aid award letter or short statement of financial need