Tennessee Technological University invites application for the A. W. and Hilda Singer Endowed Scholarship. This annual scholarship is given to students pursuing degree in science field. The scholarship award will be presented for a one year period. Previous recipients are encouraged to reapply annually.
A.W. and Hilda Singer, because of their strong commitment to education, created a scholarship endowment in 1995 to assist students with obtaining a college education. Mr. Singer served as an associate professor in chemistry at the university from 1960-1978. Although Mr. Singer passed away in 1998 and Mrs. Singer in 1999, this scholarship endowment will remain a lasting tribute to them and their commitment to Tennessee Technological University.
Level and Area of Studies
Degree program in a field of science (biology, chemistry, physics, and earth sciences) in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Place of study
Tennessee Technological University in the United States.
Eligibility and Requirement
Applications from women artists and writers (cis and transgender) who:
- Exhibit high quality and originality in their work.
- Use feminism as their central interpretive lens.
- Value both personal and political changes that stand against the limitations and controls exerted against women while aiming at optimum freedom and agency for women.
- Validate differences that overlap with gender such as race, ethnicity, and class.
- Express an inclusive vision of social justice while focusing on justice for women.
Please learn the application process at the website link below.
Available every year.