The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is delighted to invited application for the AAHD Scholarship Program. This scholarship is exclusively targeted to those who are diagnosed as disable students. He or she must be enrolled at graduate or undergraduate level. The winning candidate will be granted $1,000. To apply, all compulsory documents must be submitted no later than November 15 each year.
The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is excited to announce the scholarship program. The scholarship is available for disable student and who is pursuing undergraduate/graduate studies (must be at least enrolled as a junior in college) in an accredited university. The program supports the efforts and dedication of students who have chosen to pursue higher education in the disability and health fields.
The winner of this AAHD Scholarship will be granted $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate or undergraduate degree in any field, however, preference will be given to the following field; public health, disability studies, health promotion or a field related to disability and health.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all students must be satisfying the criteria as follow:
- Applicant must have a disability
- Applicant must be enrolled full time as an undergraduate student in program in college or university pursuing an undergraduate degree, or enrolled part time or full time in a graduate school, pursuing a post graduate degree.
- Applicants who have not yet graduated from high school will not be considered
- Applicant must be a US citizen or legal resident living in the United States and enrolled in an accredited United States university
- Preference will be given to students majoring in public health, disability studies, health promotion or a field related to disability and health
Only the U.S. students are invited to apply.
- Applicant must provide a Personal Statement (maximum 3 pages, double spaced), including brief personal history, educational/career goals, extra-curricular activities, and reasons why they should be selected by the AAHD Scholarship Committee. This statement must be written solely by the applicant
- Applicant must provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation (One must be from a teacher or academic advisor). Letters may be sent by U. S. Mail or by email attachment as pdf and should include the signature of the teacher or advisor, and the name of student should appear in the subject line of the email.
- Applicant must provide an official copy of college transcript, which should be mailed to AAHD in a sealed envelope.
- Applicant must have a documented disability and provide documentation of their disability from a specialist (physician, educator, et. Al).
- Applicant must agree to allow AAHD to use their name, picture and/or story in future scholarship materials.
November 15 each year.