Dalhousie University is currently accepting applications for the Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarships. Those scholarships are available for both Iranian and international students. They will be undertaking Masters or Doctoral programs at Dalhousie University. The winners will receive benefit of $30,000/one academic year. To apply, entries must be received by 1 August each year.
Value and Tenure
The scholarship is valued at $30,000 for one twelve-month academic year of full-time study. The scholarship is renewable, subject to an annual progress review (scholarship-class standing required). The award can be held for a maximum of 24 months of fulltime study. Fees are not waived and must be paid out of the award.
Level and Area of Studies
Master or PhD program in any subject.
Place of Study
At the University of Dalhousie in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Scholarships will be awarded to students in Masters or Doctoral programs at Dalhousie University.
- First preference will be given to Iranian students who are residents of Iran.
- Second preference will be given to other international students.
- Applicants with first class standing in their undergraduate program, who are intending to pursue studies in any discipline in which Dalhousie offers graduate degrees are welcome to apply once they have been accepted into a program.
- Applications may also be submitted by departments for eligible students who have been accepted into a graduate program.
Iranian as well as International citizens are welcome to apply.
Application form must be consisting the materials as follow:
- A signed, one-page statement of their career development to date, their future career aspirations and the relevance of their program of studies to those aspirations.
- Each of these statements may not exceed one typewritten, double-spaced page. Brief, well-written statements will be to the applicant’s advantage.
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies Office will provide the Selection Committee with a copy of the applicants’ transcripts and letters of reference as submitted with their admission documentation.
1 August on annual basis.