Mercatus Center at George Mason University in the United States is offering theAdam Smith Fellowship Program. All doctoral students are eligible for the scholarship. $10,000 in total is available for the winning fellows.
The aim of these fellowships is to introduce students to and encourage them to critically engage key thinkers in political economy that they might not otherwise encounter during their graduate studies. As such, Adam Smith Fellows spend three weekends during the academic year and one week during the summer participating in workshops and seminars on the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy.
The winner will receive $10,000 in total.
Level & Area of Studies
PhD Program in any discipline.
Place of study
At Mercatus Center at George Mason University in the United States.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Remain enrolled as a degree seeking doctoral student throughout their participation in the Adam Smith Fellowship Program.
- Attend and actively participate in all aspects of the scheduled program of events (i.e. the three weekend and one weeklong colloquia) including meals and organized social activities.
- Arrive on time and prepared for each colloquia session having carefully read the assigned reading in advance.
- Complete a short evaluation survey following each colloquium.
- Maintain an up to date record with the program of a valid postal address to which packages can be shipped.
- Submit an updated curriculum vita on request, quarterly over the course of their participation in the program.
Please go to the link below to see further instruction.
15 March 2020.