The Afya Bora Consortium is delighted to invite applications for the Afya Bora Consortium Fellowships in Global Health Leadership. This health training fellowship program is targeted for fellows from USA, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda or Tanzania. Eligible, candidates must hold master degree in medical-related field. Those are selected will receive a range of benefits including $1500 of monthly stipend.
Afya Bora Consortium Fellowships in Global Health Leadership will be accepting applications for the Fellowship beginning August 2015. This year, there are 20 positions available for health professionals interested in a 12-month fellowship in one of our African partner countries (Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda).
Afya Bora’s long term goal is to establish a sustainable program that is owned, led, and conducted by a consortium of institutions in Africa to address critical health priorities and improved population health.
Value and Tenure
Each of the successful fellows will receive the following benefits for maximum 12 months:
- airfare (home-Botswana- attachment sites – Kenya – attachment site- Uganda – home)
- monthly stipend equivalent to $1500 per month
- evacuation insurance if stationed outside home country
- accommodations and per diem up if attending didactic sessions and meetings outside of home country
- reimbursement for other selected fellowship-specific activities in Africa (i.e. travel to rural sites, visa, etc)
- existing fellowship stipend
- roundtrip airfare from home city- Africa -airfare within Africa to attachment site placement and modules
- support request for an NIH loan repayment up to $35,000 for one year.
- Other benefits may also be given, please contact the employer for further information.
Level and Area of Studies
This fellowship supports training program in health related studies.
Place of Study
In the USA, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda or Tanzania.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, candidates must meet the criteria as follow:
- Be a citizens of US, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda, or Tanzania
- Meet one of the following education requirements: Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with a MMed, MPH or Masters degree in related field. Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in Nursing, Public Health or a related field (PhD preferred), or substantial work experience. Other Public Health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have an advanced degree in Public Health or a related field
Only the citizens of US, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda, or Tanzania are invited to apply.
All candidates are advised to visit the application link below and learn detail instruction of the application procedure at the web-page.
1 December each year.