The Oslo School of Architecture and Design (AHO) is pleased to offer a number of fully-funded PhD Fellowship in the field of Rural Studies. Students from all over the wolrd are welcome to apply. They must hold a master’s degree in architecture or landscape architecture. The closing date of application is 1 February 2018.
- The PhD fellowship is fully funded and there is no tuition fee. The salary is NOK 443 900 for a full position, the extensive relevant experience can give a higher start salary. From the salary, there will be a mandatory deduction of 2% as a contribution to the State Pension fund (SPK). Standard employment conditions for state employees in Norway apply for the position.
- An annual sum of 20 000 NOK for literature and other necessary academic activities.
- Office space in a professionally stimulating working environment.
- Attractive welfare benefits and generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD Program in Rural Studies.
Place of Study
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree in architecture or landscape architecture.
- Candidates that speak and master written Norwegian will be given priority, however, University also urges other candidates to apply.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants who do not have English or Scandinavian language as their mother tongue must submit documentation of their proficiency in English by the deadline of the application (TOEFL test or similar). Students with university studies where English comprised the major component of the studies are exempted from the requirement.
There is no nationality restriction.
Application can be made online through the link below.
1 February 2018.