The Humanitarian & Development Journalism Award is now open. Journalist from all nationals are welcome to apply. They must have an outstanding contribution reporting humanitarian and development issues.
Winner will have opportunity to win a trophy and €2,500, presented at AidEx at Brussels Expo on 17th November 2016.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in journalism field.
Place of Study
The trophy and prize will be awarded in Brussel, Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Journalists can either submit their own work or have their work nominated by a third party.
- To be eligible for submission or nomination, the journalism should make an outstanding contribution to the reporting of humanitarian and development issues in at least one of the following ways and have been published in the calendar year of 2015
- There are no geographic limitations – journalism regarding any country or region will be considered
- Print, radio, TV broadcast, and digital reporting are eligible for the Reporting Award.
- Any photograph published in 2015 which portrays the work or situation of those in need or NGOs and INGOs
There is no nationality instruction.
- In order to be considered, entries must be received through the online submission form. Entries will not be considered if received through any other channel.
- We can accept a maximum of three entries from each submitting entity. There is no limit to the number of entries that can be nominated by a third party.
- Up to five individuals may be named on a team entry; they should be the strongest contributors to the work. If a team entry wins, the prize will be split equally between team members
- We accept entries in all languages but require English translation for each entry