applications foe the AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science are now accepted. Eligible candidates must be outstanding female African and non-African scientists whose research seeks to elucidate the scale and causes of climate change. Expired 55 days ago, try next time!
This Research Chairs Program was made possible by a grant from the International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada, www.idrc.ca, and financial support from the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) www.international.gc.ca . It is administered by the AIMS Global Secretariat within the framework of the Mathematical Science for Climate Change Resilience Program.
Each Chair will be provided up to USD 970,000 over a four-year period and tasked with executing a world-class research program able to contribute significantly towards building both the human capital and the scientific knowledgebase required to solve important climate change-related problems in Africa and beyond.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in climate change.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Rwanda.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be a female;
- hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology, or engineering;
- demonstrate significant evidence of excellent, self-initiated and self-directed research in climate change science;
- have at least two (2) years of postdoctoral experience;
- have experience supervising Master’s and/or PhD students; and
- be able to take up the chair within the first half of 2019 or before the end of 2019.
African and non-African citizens are welcome to apply.
25 November 2018.