The American Chemical Society (ACS) Scholars Program is now open. This program is exclusively intended to minority students who are willing to enter career in chemistry field. The winning students will receive benefit of financial support of $5,000. To apply, entries must be received by March 1st annually.
American Chemical Society is pleased to offer scholarship to minority students who want to enter the field of chemistry or chemistry-related fields. High school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores, or juniors are eligible to apply. The aim of program is to help build awareness of the value and rewards associated with careers in chemistry and assist students in acquiring skills and credentials needed for success.
– $2,500 for freshmen
– $3,000 for sophomores
– $5,000 for juniors and seniors
Level and Area of Studies
High school and college level in chemistry field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0, “B” or better)
- Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related science or intending to or already pursuing a degree in chemical technology
- Be planning a career in the chemical sciences
The U.S citizens are welcome to apply.
Application should be made through the online system at the link below.
1 March each year.