The Anton Dohrn International Zoological Station Fellowship Program, a PhD position is now open. This program is available to carry out interdisciplinary training in Biological Sciences at the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn in Naples (Italy). Students from all over the world are welcome to apply. The closing date of application is July 20, 2018.
About the Sponsor
The Anton Dohrn Zoological Station in Naples was founded in 1872 by the German scientist Anton Dohrn. Today it is a public research institution, supervised by the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research. The mission of the Zoological Station is the research on the fundamental processes of biology, with specific reference to marine organisms and their biodiversity, in close connection with the study of their evolution and the dynamics of marine ecosystems, through an integrated and interdisciplinary approach.
Students are expected to complete their thesis within three years, with the possibility of a fourth year without salary, to write up the thesis (should this be necessary). The gross salary is € 16.000,00 per year for three years from which taxes (approximately 18%) will be subtracted. Students are liable to an annual registration fee to be paid to the Open University (not to the Stazione Zoologica). The Stazione Zoologica will cover the registration fee for three years.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program to carry out interdisciplinary training in Biological Sciences at the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn in Naples (Italy).
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Italy.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants should hold an advanced degree such as a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or its equivalent in a scientific area coherent with the project proposed before the start of the internship.
- The PhD Program is in English. Where English is not the applicant’s first language, he/she must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the English language to support successful study at research degree standard. Fluency in spoken English will be assessed during the interview and is a strict requirement.
There is no nationality restriction.
All students are required to provide the materials as follow:
- CV (European form desirable)
- A scanned copy of your degree (For European Citizens Self-Declaration Affidavit
- In accordance with article 46 T.U. – D.P.R. no. 445- 28.12.2000)
- A scanned copy of the IELTS certificate (if applicable) (For European Citizens Self-Declaration Affidavit – In accordance with article 46 T.U. – D.P.R. no. 445- 28.12.2000)
- A scanned copy of the ID document
- A scanned copy of the declaration automatically produced by the system at the end of the application procedure, duly signed.
July 20, 2018.