The International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is currently accepting applications for the Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship. The fellowship is only open to students from ICGEB Member State except India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries. He or she must satisfy the degree requirements of each Trieste. Varied amount of award will be given to the winning fellows. Expired 498 days ago, try next time!
ICGEB offers competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment. Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs and a competitive stipend, plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance.
Value and Tenure
- Duration: 3 years PhD course with the possibility of 1-year extension.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in life science.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Italy, India and South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Eligibility Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB New Delhi should hold a MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/1984). There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
The Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship is open to students from ICGEB Member State except India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries.
Please apply this scholarship through the online system at the link below.
31 March 2019.