The ASEAN-India Research Traning Fellowship (AI-RTF) is exclusively open for applicants from one of the ASEAN member countries. The aim of the fellowship is to promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise. Up to 50 fellows are selected every year. Applications are accepted round the year.
Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:-
- All international travel related expenses i.e. round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
- One-time grant of INR 40,000/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific /events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
- The allowance as in (a), (b) and (c) will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in various subjects as follow: Agricultural Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Chemical Sciences & Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Physical Sciences and Mathematics, Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy, Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialisation, Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in India.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicant must be holding nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working / studying and / or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Fluency in English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
Citizens of ASEAN countries are invited to apply.