Applications for the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme are currently being accepted. Eligible candidates must be be member of the academic or scientific staff of an institution of Wallonia-Brussels HEI or an Asian HEI.
A specific cooperation process between Asia and Europe in the field of education – and more specifically higher education – has been set up in the context of the Asia-Europe Meeting. The ministerial meetings, which are held alternatively in Europe and Asia, are until now the sole instrument for cooperation at a higher political level between the two continents. This mode of functioning inspires itself of the experience and best practices of the Bologna Process. During the Asia-Europe Meeting of Ministers of Education held in Kuala Lumpur in 2013, the Wallonia-Brussels Federation announced it would participate in the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme as of 2014.
The total amount of the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme is 50.000€. The amount of the grant awarded to the pair of professors is 5,000€ per month for the two professors (or a total amount of 15,000€ for a three-month exchange for the pair).
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in all fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at Wallonia-Brussels institution in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be member of the academic or scientific staff of an institution of a Wallonia-Brussels HEI or an Asian HEI (i.e. they must be remunerated by the HEI and it must be their main occupation).
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must be recognised/accredited by the competent authorities in the field of higher education;
- The Asian institution must be located in one of the countries mentioned below;
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must signed a cooperation agreement or must have expressed the intention to sign one in the two following years;
- The applicants who already begun the exchange before 1st August 2019 do not qualify for the grant;
- According to the framework established by ASEM-DUO, the citizenship of the professors is not a criterion for eligibility;
- The fellowship programme is open to all disciplines.
The citizens of the the following countries are eligible to apply: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The application form can be downloaded from the link below.
14 April 2020.