The Ashinaga Africa Initiative Program is now open. This program is exclusively intended to Sub-Saharan African students who have lost one or both parents. In addition, all applicants must have completed 12 years of education (primary and secondary school) within the last two years. Expired 31 days ago, try next time!
This program covers 100% of tuition fees and living cost.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate program in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed 12 years of education (primary and secondary school) within the last two years.
- Have citizenship and have completed/are completing high school in one of the following countries: Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Were born after 1st October, 1996.
- Have an outstanding academic performance at high school and were amongst the top students in their class
- Are willing to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university
Sub-Saharan African citizens are welcome to apply.