The ASI Data Science & Data Engineering Fellowship is exclusively open to PhD graduates, postdoctoral researchers and experienced software engineers’ transition into a career in data science. Students from all over the world may apply. Expires in 148 days!
ASI does not provide accommodation. Fellows are paid London Living Wage for four days a week for the duration of their six-week project. The two weeks of training at the beginning of the Fellowship is free of charge for Fellows.
Level and Area of Studies
Fellowship is available for PhD graduates, postdoctoral researchers and experienced software engineers’ transition into a career in data science.
Place of Study
In the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
In general, successful candidates meet most of the requirements below:
- A PhD in a STEM subject.
- A high level of mathematical competence.
- Programming experience.
- The ability to code.
- Some experience with theoretical concepts of statistical learning (e.g. hypothesis testing, Bayesian Inference, Regression, SVM, Random Forests, Neural Networks, natural language processing, optimisation).
- Experience with some coding libraries frequently used in data science.
- The ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Experience composing and following a project plan/sticking to self-imposed deadlines/proactively solving your own problems.
There is no citizenship requirement.