The University of Newcastle is accepting applications for the Aspen Foundation Indigenous Health Scholarship Program. The scholarship will be awarded to Australian Indigenous students who are completing a degree in Nursing or Social Work at the university. Expires in 81 days!
This scholarship has been established by the Aspen Foundation in 2018 to support Indigenous students in completing a degree in Nursing or Social Work. In addition to financial aid, you will have access to support from the Aspen Foundation. The Aspen Foundation is committed to supporting the undertaking of life changing healthcare through significantly reducing or eradicating key illnesses and diseases in remote Australian communities and to provide education for the sustainability of improved health practices. The Aspen Foundation aligns its support to initiatives such as scholarships, which will make a practical and immediate difference to the lives of people living in these remote and medically challenged communities.
- The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year for up to 3 years of study in your program, with a total value of $15,000.
- This will be paid to be paid as two lump sums of $2,500 after semester one and semester two census dates in each year.
Level and Area of Studies
Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be enrolled in 1st or 2nd year of a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
Only Australian nationals may apply this scholarship.
6 March 2019.