The A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship is targeted to top talented students who wish to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines. Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship are eligiblr to apply. The deadline is 31 December and 31 July every year.
ACIS Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research on real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modelling and simulation for advanced applications. Scholars will be working hand-in-hand with autonomous universities, government agencies and top global companies that are collaborating with A*STAR.
The ACIS Scholarship provides a competitive stipend of up to S$5,000 monthly, on top of other allowances, and full tuition fees support for up to four years of PhD studies at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU).
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Singapore.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools: NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering, NUS School of Computing, SMU School of Information Systems, SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar.
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
Open to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
– August admission intake: 31 December of the preceding year
– January admission intake: 31 July of the preceding year