The Agency for Science and Technology Research (A*STAR) is delighted to invite applications for the A*STAR National Science PhD Scholarship Program. This call is intended to outstanding students with a passion for biomedical sciences, physical sciences and engineering.
The National Science Scholarship (PhD) funds your PhD studies for up to five years. Successful candidates are required to participate in a one-year paid research attachment at an A*STAR Research Institute prior to their PhD studies.
Successful applicants will be given the following support for up to five years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in biomedical sciences, physical sciences and engineering.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Singapore.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Have strong interest in a research career
- Have outstanding undergraduate results (preferably 1st Class Honours Degree or equivalent) in relevant disciplines
- Obtain good GRE scores
- Have applied or be applying for a PhD programme at a top global university
Students from all over the world are welcome to apply.
1 March and 1 October every year.