The ATHENA Scholarship Program is now open. Entries will be accepted through April annually. Eligible candidates should be 18 to 30 years of age as of January 1. He or she must be currently pursuing education at an post-secondary institution. Three winners will be chosen to receive $5,000 scholarship.
The ATHENA Scholarship Fund Windsor is pleased to announce scholarship program that is supported by generous donations from private citizens, corporations, professions, academic institutions and community organizations. The scholarship is open to post-secondary students who are recognized for business and professional excellence, for community service, and for mentoring and providing a role model to encourage women to achieve their leadership potential.
A total of three $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to worthy scholars selected as follows.
Level and Area of Studies
Post-secondary level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A male or female student 18 to 30 years of age as of January 1.
- Interested in increasing leadership opportunities for women, enhancing the quality of life in your community, mentoring, team building and pursuing diversity
- Presently enrolled full-time in a post-secondary institution such as the University of Windsor or St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology and have spent a significant and substantial period of time (at least a year) in Windsor/EssexCounty
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at this link. The following materials must be submitted along with the completed application form:
- Academic Transcripts (truecopy)
- Personal profile (2 pages)
- Academic: referee form and letter
- Character: referee form and letter
- Community participation: referee form and letter
30 April every year.