Applications for the Azrieli Foundation Fellowships are now being accepted. The program is exclusively open to Canadian citizens who are willing to pursue postdoctoral program in Israel. Up to CDN$40,000/year will be given to the winning fellows. Expired 147 days ago, try next time!
The Azrieli Foundation Fellowships Fellows Program promotes excellence in research and graduate studies at accredited institutions of higher learning in Israel. This prestigious and competitive program, established in 2007, provides financial support to the best and brightest scholars from Israel and around the world.
Value and Tenure
The value of the fellowship is CDN$40,000 annually. The fellowship is possible to be renewed in second year.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program in any field.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Israel.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Canadian citizens OR who have completed their doctorates at Canadian universities.
- Scholars may undertake postdoctoral research in any field of study.
- Candidates may apply at an early stage of their professional career and no later than four years after conferral of their PhD Diploma.
- Candidates must not hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position.
- Scholars may apply in the last year of the PhD with a letter from the supervisor stating that the candidate will receive the doctorate by the summer*. If the PhD is incomplete by the stated time then the candidate will forfeit the fellowship.
- A candidate may reapply to the Azrieli Fellows Program if he or she is not accepted. Candidates will only be considered for reapplication one time. The fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates are assessed on their potential to make cutting-edge contributions to their respective fields. Aspects of personal merit and leadership abilities are also taken into consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or age.
- Scholars who wish to apply must obtain an academic sponsor
Canadian citizens are invited to apply.