Entries for the BAGSS Starter Scholarships are now accepted. Both German and overseas students are welcome to apply. He or she must be planning to undertake Ph.D Research at Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences, University of Bamberg. The winning candidates will receive benefit of monthly stipend of 1,468.00 EUR. Family allowance also will be provided. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 28 February every year.
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) was established in 2010 to create an innovative working and learning environment for exceptionally qualified doctoral researchers. BAGSS is firmly committed to the goal of diversity and equal opportunities. It emphatically encourages applications by women. The University of Bamberg is a certified family-friendly university which offers comprehensive advice on reconciling family and work life.
Up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR of monthly stipend, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD research on the projects that fit with at least one of School’s four Pillars:
- Pillar 1 Education, personal development and learning from early childhood to adulthood
- Pillar 2 Education and social inequality across the entire life course
- Pillar 3 Changes in human capital, labour markets and demographic structures and their impact on social inequality in modern societies
- Pillar 4 Governance, institutional change and political behavior
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- BAGSS invites applications from highly qualified graduates in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics and Demography. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong Social Science background are also encouraged to apply. Candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion. (The degree must be completed by the time of admission to BAGSS)
- Applicants need to provide at least one, but not more than two proposals for research topics which they would like to pursue in their doctoral project. The suggested topics need tofit thematically to at least one of the four academic pillars of BAGSS.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you need to supply a proof of proficiency.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application should be made online through the online system at the website and application link below.
February 28 on annual basis.