The BAYHOST Scholarship is funded by Bavarian Ministry of Science, Research and Art. The scholarship is available on annual basis. This program is only open to graduates from CEE (Central, Eastern and Southeastern European) countries. Expired 79 days ago, try next time!
The scholarship is paid out monthly (735,- €) and amounts to 8.820,- € per year. Students with at least one child receive 895,- € per month, which amounts to 10.740,- € per year.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral level in any discipline.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
- have the citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine.
- be living full-time in your home country at the time of application.
- be no older than 30 (for master’s degree students) or 35 (for doctoral candidates) in the first year of your scholarship (i.e. on the 01.10.2018).
- be needy, meaning that you are not able to finance your studies at a Bavarian university yourself, nor through the funds of a third party (for example through a scholarship from another institution).
- provide evidence of your German and / or English language skills according to your intended study program in Bavaria. Your language skills should be at a level that you can master seminars and academic papers in German or English without difficulty (recommended C1 level of the CEFR).
- be able to give evidence at the time of application that you have achieved / or will achieve a distinctively above-average university degree.
- be matriculated in a master’s or PhD program at a Bavarian University, University of Applied Sciences or Art Academy of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship. At the time of the scholarship application the enrollment is not yet required.
Graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, and Ukraine are eligible to apply.