The Federal Science Policy Office (BELSPO) is pleased to invite applications for a postdoctoral fellowship. Eligible fellows should be the citizens of non-European Union countries. They will spend 6 – 18 months for doing research in Belgium. A range of benefits will be given to the winning fellows. The application deadline is April 30th, 2016.
The new BELSPO postdoctoral fellowship is open for non-EU researchers to work during 6 to 18 months in a Belgian research team. For this call, the list of target countries is limited to the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa), all the African countries and Vietnam. Fellowship is aimed at strengthening the bilateral Science & Technology collaborations by creating long-lasting partnerships and networks, in the framework of the European Research Area.
- a net monthly allowance of 2,430 EUR;
- a single payment of 1,500 EUR for the travel expenses from and to the country of origin;
- the personal liability insurance costs;
- the host institution will, to the account of the Federal Science Policy Office, be responsible for the (monthly) payments of the invited scientists as well as for the subscription of the insurances. The Federal Science Policy Office will reimburse the institution every three months, after having received a debit note with proofs of the expenses.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in Chemistry, Economic Sciences, Information Science and Engineering, Environmental and Geosciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- hold a doctor’s degree at the date of entry the Fellowship,
- hold the doctor’s degree for less than 6 years on January 1st, 2016,
- not have been domiciled in Belgium for more than 12 months during the last 36 months preceding January 1st, 2016,
- not have already benefitted from a Postdoc Fellowship to non-EU researchers funded by BELSPO,
- have the nationality of a target country,
- be associated to research in one of the target countries.
This fellowship is open to applicants from following targeted countries the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa); and all the African countries.
Please learn the detail guideline at the website and application link below.
April 30th, 2016.