The British Federation of Women Graduates Scholarships or BFWG Scholarship is now open to any postgraduate students at Kings’ College of London. Please note only female students are eligible for this BFWG Scholars Program. All nationalities and disciplines are eligible.
The British Federation of Women Graduates awards scholarships for outstanding academic excellence to women entering their third year of doctoral (PhD, DPhil etc) study at British higher education institutions (not Northern Ireland). The awards are given on the basis of evidence of academic excellence as shown on the application form, referee reports and, for those shortlisted, brief presentations of their research to a panel of academics.
The amount of the British Federation of Women Graduates Scholarships is usually range between £2000 and £6000.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate program (Ph.D., DPhil, DMus etc.) in any discipline.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A female postgraduate student who commenced full-time doctoral studies (Ph.D., DPhil, DMus etc.) between September 1st, 2016 and October 31st, 2017 or a part-time student at an equivalent stage of her studies.
- You must be registered at a university in England, Wales or Scotland (not Northern Ireland).
- Awards are given to help with on-going doctoral work rather than as prizes at the end of doctoral studies so please do not apply if you expect to submit your thesis before the end of February 2020 at the earliest.
- To be eligible, fees for the year from October 2019 must be paid or covered by available funds or waived by the university.
- This opportunity is for current students only
There is no nationality restriction.
Only email applications will be accepted. To make an application for a BFWG award, download and complete the application form (attached below. Email this back to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the subject heading of your email ‘AWARD APPLICATION’ and at the same time ensure that you have followed the instructions for sending a £20 non-refundable administration fee through PayPal as described on the form.
29 March 2019.