Applications for the BP Egypt Cambridge Scholarships are now invited. This is exclusively open to Egyptian students who will be undertaking master’s degree at the University of Cambridge. The winning students will receive a range of benefits including airfare, allowance, and tuition fees. Expired 95 days ago, try next time!
In collaboration with BP Egypt, the Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust offers a number of scholarships annually to enable graduates of outstanding academic merit to pursue a one year postgraduate study at the prestigious University of Cambridge. Preference is given to candidates seeking master’s degrees in petroleum related studies. Other studies like business, economics and development studies will also be considered.
Each of the BP Egypt Scholarship winners will receive the benefits as follow:
- University Composition Fee: The scholarship will cover the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate.
- Maintenance: A maintenance allowance enough for a single student is paid in three or four equal installments each term.
- Airfare: A contribution to an airfare from Egypt to the UK of about £300 is paid upon arrival, and a contribution towards the cost of an airfare from the UK to Egypt via the most economical route is paid upon departure at the end of the scholarship.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in any field offered by the host university.
Place of Study
At the University of Cambridge, UK
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must show evidence of excellent academic achievement. They should have a first class or high second-class honors degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university,supported by certificates of graduation and letters of recommendations from Professors at their current or previous University.
- Applicants must gain admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way to be considered for these awards. The Trust cannot admit students to the University.
- Applicants who are not native speakers of English are required by the University to provide the results of an English language test and to meet the minimum standard of proficiency required for admission to Cambridge.
- Successful candidates must sign with BP Egypt, before their departure to Cambridge, an enrolment agreement whereby they will agree to return back, domicile and work in Egypt after their graduation from the University of Cambridge for double the period they studied at the University of Cambridge.
- BP holds the right to apply exceptions to the above conditions as the company sees appropriate.
Only Egyptian students will be considered to receive this BP Egypt Cambridge Scholarship.
The application should be made through the online system at the website and application link below.