Each year, Brown and Caldwell invites applications for the Eckenfelder Scholarship Program. The United Students are welcome to apply. They must be pursuing undergraduate degree in environment, civil or chemical fields. In addition, they must be interested in pursuing career in environmental industry. The deadline is updated every year.
Dr. Wesley Eckenfelder, Jr.’s career as an environmental trailblazer spanned more than 50 years, during which time he has trained thousands of graduate students and professionals in the science and art of industrial wastewater treatment. To honor his dedication to the environmental industry, we offer a Dr. Wesley Eckenfelder, Jr. Scholarship to support students who are interested in pursuing a career in the environmental profession.
The winning applicant will receive benefit of $5,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in civil, chemical or environmental engineering or one of the environmental sciences (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, ecology).
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A United States citizen or permanent resident.
- A full-time student enrolled in his/her Junior, Senior year or graduate program at an accredited college/university.
- Declared major in civil, chemical or environmental engineering or one of the environmental sciences (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, ecology).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent on a 5.0 scale).
Only the U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- A completed application form
- A resume.
- An essay of 250 words minimum, “Tell us about a personal experience that influenced your decision to focus on environmental studies.”
- Two written recommendations, with at least one from a university official (e.g. advisor, professor).
- An official transcript of your academic record.
Updated every year.