A number of Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship Programmes are now available for international students who intend to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the four Universities. Students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries, and others are welcome to apply.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship to study at one of the four defined universities: Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and, Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of: BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- Comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and postgraudate degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and, Politeknik Brunei (PB) in Brunai Darussalam.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority (ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2019.
- The award is not eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
All nationalities other than Brunai Darussalam are eligible to apply the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship Programmes.
Please go to the link below to see the detail instruction of this Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship.
28 February 2019.