Each year, applications for the Buch Family Academic Scholarship Program are invited. Eligible candidates must be active amateur singles, pairs or ice dance skaters and current member of U.S. Figure Skating. Financial need will also be taken into consideration. The application form must be received by August 31 on annual basis.
In 2013, The Buch Family Academic Scholarship was established to honor the memories of Ilse, Fredric and Peter Buch. The scholarship, based on athletic and academic achievements and financial need, recognizes active amateur skaters who pursue excellence in both their academic and athletic pursuits.
No detail information.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants must meet the given criteria as follow:
- Be 16 years or older
- Be eligible, active amateur singles, pairs or ice dance skaters and current member of U.S. Figure Skating
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student or in his/her senior year of high school intending to attend a higher learning institution within 6 months of graduation
- Be enrolled in a fully accredited secondary school, attend classes and carry the minimum number of credit hours necessary to be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Maintain at least a 3.4 GPA or 93% average during the last two academic years
- Have competed in a U.S. Figure Skating qualifying competition at the novice, junior or senior level during the past two competitive seasons or equivalent
- Recipients cannot be coaches, professionals or a member of only a synchronized skating team
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
Please go to the link below to see detail instruction of application procedure.
31 August each year.