Applications for the Burger King Scholar Program and theJames W. McLamore Whopper Scholarship are now invited. The scholarship is exclusively open to students who have passion in serving the community. He or she must be attending college or post-secondary vocational/technical school. The winning candidates may expect to receive maximum $50,000. The deadline is 15 December every year.
Burger King McLAMORE Foundation is pleased to announce the the two types scholarships; Burger King Scholars Program & James W. McLamore Whopper Scholarship for U.S. citizens. The scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship grants are intended to help students offset the cost of attending college or post-secondary vocational/technical school.
Winning students will receive benefit of award ranging from $1,000 to $50,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All interested students must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
Burger King Scholar:
- Have a strong academic record with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be passionate about serving the community
- Be a high school senior, BURGER KING Employee, spouse/domestic partner or child of an employee
James W. McLamore Whopper Scholarship:
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Have graduated from high school within the last three years or be a full-time student who is a senior at a high school or home school in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico
- Students who are applying as a full-time freshman to a four-year accredited, college or university that is located in the United States and is exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Students who have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.3
- Students who have a minimum ACT Composite score of 25 or a minimum combined SAT score of 1700
- Students who demonstrate an active leadership role in community service, athletics, and/or similar co-curricular activity (such as student government, team sports, fraternal life, etc)
- Students who demonstrate substantial work experience.
The U.S and Canadian students are welcome to apply.
Please see the detail instruction at the website and application link below.
15 December each year.
If you have any question, you can Email: burgerkingscholars-at-scholarshipamerica.org or call 507-931-8340 and ask for Burger King Scholars.