The Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP) is now open. Entries will be accepted until November each year Those scholarships are exclusively open to students from developing countries as mentioned below. They must be pursuing master, PhD or vocational program in Canada.
The Government of Canada is offering Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP) which is open to nationals from developing countries of La Francophonie. These scholarships are granted for a university education 2nd cycle (Master) and 3rd cycle (Doctorate) and technical and vocational training. The Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program is a scholarship program designed to build institutional capacities by training nationals of 37 countries in the Francophonie member development and recipients of official development assistance from Canada.
No detail information.
Level and Area of Studies
Scholarships are granted for a university education 2nd cycle (Master) and 3rd cycle (Doctorate) and technical and vocational training in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Institutions targeted by recipient countries conduct internal recruitment campaigns to identify qualified candidates who show the greatest aptitude for helping strengthen their institution’s capacities when they return to their country.
- Candidates identified and selected may apply for university studies leading to a master’s and doctoral degree, for technical and vocational training, or for short-term internships.
- Clinical training in pharmacy, medicine and dentistry is excluded.
- Mastery of spoken and written French: as studies need to be done continuously, in French in a francophone institution in Canada, fluency in French is a requirement essential for admission.
- Nationals of the following countries: Cambodia, Cape Verde, Dominica, Egypt, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Laos, Lebanon, Mauritania, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, St Lucia, Seychelles, Vanuatu and Vietnam must demonstrate the DELF B2 success with a minimum of 15 out of 25 in each of the four component: the TFI will also be accepted;
- Sufficient knowledge of English to read and synthesize documents in English, in their field of study;
- Mastery of basic computer tools: WORD, Excel, and Internet research. A skills test will be administered to verify the level of skills.
- The gender equality issues: The CFSP has set a target annual distribution of the number of scholarships for women and men 50%. This distribution is part of the selection criteria of the stock / boursiers.Une both completed studies, institutions of recipient countries ensure the reintegration of women in their post or in a higher position where they are leveraging the knowledge and skills acquired Canada. The CFSP thus promotes an increased presence of women in institutions of beneficiary countries in positions of influence within their institutions.
Only students from the developing countries of La Francophonie below are invited to apply:
Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco,Mauritius, Mauritania, Niger, Central African Republic, Rwanda, St. LUCIA, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Chad, Togo, Tunisia , Vanuatu and Vietnam.
Application should be made through the online system at the link below.
Please anticipate the deadline in November each year.