The Thekgo Bursary Program is currently open. This program is exclusively open to African citizens or those have refugee status in any African country. They must be undertaking postgraduate and undergraduate program in one of the eligible universities in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Please note, students must studying the defined courses as mentioned below. The deadline is updated every year.
Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. In 2018 these bursaries will only be awarded to students studying at public universities in the Eastern Cape: University of Fort Hare, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Rhodes University and Walter Sisulu University of Technology and Science.
Up to R7500 will be awarded per student.
Level and Area of Studies
These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines:
– Languages and Literature
– Media Studies
– Gender Studies
Place of Studies
At public universities in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- be accepted to study at a university in the Eastern Cape, South Africa in 2018, for a full-time programme.
- Applicants must be in their first year.
- be able to demonstrate academic merit
- be studying a course within one of the areas listed above
- be able to demonstrate financial need
This program is open to African countries’ students.