The Catherine and Peter Tay for Singapore Alumni Scholarship is funded by Catherine and Peter Tay for Singapore Alumni (follow on) Scholarship. Eligible candidates must be past recipient of the Singapore Alumni Scholarship and currently enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle. Expires in 13 days!
This scholarship was established in 2018 by Catherine and Peter Tay from Singapore. It is a continuing demonstration of appreciation that 50 years earlier in 1968, Dr Peter Tay received his undergraduate education for a double degree in Industrial Engineering and Economics from the University of Newcastle through a Colombo Plan Scholarship from the Australian Government. That scholarship became a stepping stone in Peter’s life-long achievements, and helped him to become what he is today.
The winning student will be awarded $4,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in Engineering and Economics
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a past recipient of the Singapore Alumni Scholarship.
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantages, such as the carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long-term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
- If successful, be willing to submit an essay of approximately 400 words on Singapore and one or more aspects of its people, economy, geography, history, culture, political system etc.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
There is no nationality restriction.
6 March 2019.