This fellowship is fully sponsored by the Center for East Asian Studies at Stanford University. Scholars from all nations are welcome to apply. He or she must be already hold a relevant PhD degree. The successful fellow is expected to do research in Chinese Studies for one year. approximately $60,000 will be given to the winning scholar. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 15 January every year.
The fellowship winner may expect to receive stipend of approximately $60,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in Chinese Studies.
Place of Study
At the Center for East Asian Studies in the USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
Before applying this CEAS Fellowship, please ensure that you are qualified person based on the criteria as follow:
- Applicants must have been awarded their Ph.D. no later than August 31 the year in which the fellowship begins, and may not be more than four years beyond receipt of the doctoral degree.
- In addition to non-affiliated PhD’s, this fellowship may be awarded to those who hold continuing, assistant professor-level teaching positions, if they meet other application qualifications.
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Those who have received their Ph.D. from Stanford University will not normally be considered.
There is no nationality restriction.
The following entries must be submitted through the online system:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Research statement for the year of appointment (max. 5-page double-spaced)
- Writing sample (dissertation chapter or other paper) no longer than 30 pages (whether single-spaced or double-spaced)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two syllabi for proposed courses
15 January annually.