The Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium, International Centre for Eye Health is delighted to offer a number of master’s scholarships in the field of Public Health for Eye Care. This scholarship is open to students from low-income countries. Those are selected will receive benefit of fully-funded scholarship. The application deadline is 11 May, 2018.
This scholarship will cover course fees, two return flights, dissertation project funds, living costs and accommodation at the International Students House in Central London.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in Public Health for Eye Care
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, students must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eye health
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC / community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye health activities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eye care
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 11 May, 2018.
Only students from low – income countries are invited to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- A copy of the photograph page of your passport
- Transcripts of your previous studies (and official translations if applicable)
- Research Proposal (if you are applying for research studies)
- English language test results
- Evidence of funding
- Evidence of your permanent residency
11 May, 2018.