The Child Welfare and Development Scholarship or CWD Scholarship is now open to students pursuing a bachelor degree in Social Work in the United States. All applicants must be interested in entering a career in the field of child welfare. Minimum 3.0 of GPA is also required to apply the CWD Scholarship Program.
One of our goals at FLT is to help build a world where every child can grow up healthy, protected from harm or trauma and educated so they can reach their full potential, no matter who they are or where they were born. The CWD Scholarship is one way we can advance this mission, while also helping the next generation of child welfare professionals reach their academic goals.
The winner will receive $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in sociology, psychology or social sciences.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the CWD scholarship:
- Currently enrolled in good standing in an accredited sociology, psychology or social sciences undergraduate program in the United States
- Current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated history of working with or on-behalf of children who have experienced neglect or abuse (through advocacy, community involvement, volunteerism or research efforts)
- Demonstrated financial need
This CWD Scholarship is open to the citizens of the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
- First and Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Current college or university you attend
- Current GPA
- Expected graduation date
- Current course of study
Also, applicants must submit a 1-2 page essay that explains:
- Why you’ve chosen to pursue a career in social work and child welfare
- What your specific extracurricular experience is working with or on the behalf of at-risk or traumatized children
- How you intend to use this award
Finally, please include any pictures you have that might demonstrate your extracurricular efforts. Submit the information and essay by email to cwdscholarship [at] familylivingtoday.com.
31 January 2019.