Great Wall Program is a full scholarship established by MOE for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must: be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
To apply, the Great Wall Program, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1 – Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for CGS opportunity;
- Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by UNESCO as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate;
- Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
- Step 4 – Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the deadline.