The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) is pleased to invite applications for the Clair A. Hill Scholarship Program. This annual scholarship is targeted to California residents who are attending an accredited, University of California or California State University at the time of application. Expires in 74 days!
Scholarship funds are not disbursed to the student directly. Funds are disbursed to the appropriate Financial Aid Office in a lump sum of $5,000 and must be applied to the student’s account for tuition and fees.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in a water resources-related field related to engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies, or public administration.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicant must be a California resident at the time of application.
- Applicant must be attending an accredited, University of California or California State University.
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a water resources-related field related to engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies, or public administration.
- Applicant must be at least a junior at the time of the award.
- Applicant must commit to full-time enrollment (12 semester units or 16 quarter units) for the entire academic year.
- Applicant must submit at least two current letters of recommendation (but no more than three), with at least one of the letters originating from a college professor or employer; and
- Applicant must submit official transcripts for each college they have attended; printed class schedules will not be accepted.
- Applicant must submit an essay responding to specific prompt (no more than 800 words).
U.S. national living in California.
1 March 2019.