The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is pleased pleased to offer a number of CoE-HUMAN Bursaries. The fellowship is open to international students pursuing Master, PhD and Postdoctoral programs at the university. Expired 59 days ago, try next time!
- Master’s students are funded for two years at R70 000 a year
- Doctoral students are funded for three years at R100 000 a year
- Post-Doctoral Fellows are funded for three years at R200 000 a year
Level and Area of Studies
Master, PhD and Postdoctoral programs at one of the following thematic areas:
- Life-course development, which covers the development of individuals from conception to death. Under this category are included multi-disciplinary studies of child, adolescent and adult development.
- Inter-generational development, which covers the life cycle from one generation to another. Studies of families and inter-generational influences are included in this category.
- Socioeconomic development, which covers the attainment of improved living conditions, both material and non-material through, amongst others, health, education, social security, food security and decent employment.
- Transformational development, which covers aspirations and values that influence and are influenced by, amongst others, individual and group identity.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Master’s students to fulfill the requirements for their degree within two years and to have at least one co-authored paper in a peer-reviewed journal accepted for publication;
- Doctoral students to fulfill the requirements for their degrees within three years and to have at least two first-authored papers accepted for publication or published;
- Post-Doctoral Fellows to have at least two first or co-authored papers accepted for publication, in press or published in each year of the three-year fellowship.
International students are welcome to apply.