Applications for the Cohen Tucker Dissertation Research Fellowship are now invited. The fellowship is fully supported by The Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES). Eligible candidates should be doctoral students at a the US university. Fellows are expected to conduct their doctoral dissertation research in Russia. The winning fellows will be granted $22,000 amount. Expires in 50 days!
The Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES) is proud to offer Cohen Tucker Dissertation Research Fellowship. The CTDRF Program is sponsored by the KAT Charitable Foundation. The fellowship is open to citizen or permanent resident of USA. Fellowship program supports the next generation of US scholars to conduct their doctoral dissertation research in Russia.
The winning students will receive up to $25,000 amount.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral dissertation research in any subject.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Russia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a doctoral student at a US university
- Have a dissertation research topic that falls within the fellowship research scope (see above), but may be in any discipline
- Have language proficiency to conduct research in Russia
- Have successfully achieved PhD candidacy (ABD status) by the start of the proposed research travel
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US
- Be a student member of ASEEES at the time of the application submission
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa to the Russian Federation (and any other site of research that requires a visa). NOTE: Applicant MUST be able to obtain a visa through an affiliation with a Russian research institution (ASEEES may be able to provide some assistance in establishing institutional affiliation)
- Plan to start the research travel within the same calendar year following the receipt of the fellowship (Ex: Upon notification of the fellowship in the spring of 2016, the recipient must start his/her research travel no later than December 31, 2019)
- Not have a grant from another organization to conduct the same or similar research project at the same time. NOTE: Applicants may apply for competing grants, however if offered another grant as well as the CTDRF, the applicant must choose between them.
The U.S students are welcome to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Completed online application.
- Research proposal (Max. 2000 words – a detailed instruction on the online application form).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Graduate transcript(s).
- Two (2) letters of professional reference (one must be from the main dissertation adviser).
- Language proficiency reference.
February 1, 2019.