The Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Program is now open. The fellowship is available for permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country. All applicants must have at least five years’ relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the application. Expired 80 days ago, try next time!
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle income Commonwealth countries to spend between six weeks and three months at a UK host organisation working in their sector on a programme of professional development. Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Professional Fellowships provide talented and motivated professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector.
Fellows will spend between six weeks and three months at a UK host organisation working in their sector on a programme of professional development.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in the theme as follow:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have normally at least five years’ relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the application, by the proposed start of the fellowship
- Be available to start your fellowship within prescribed dates as stated on the CSC website
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth
- Professional Fellowship in the last five years
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- You must be available to undertake the Fellowship during the dates set out by the Host organisation. All Fellowships must start between 15 April 2019 and 17 June 2019. You should check exact dates with the prospective Host.
The citizens of low and middle income Commonwealth countries are invited to apply.
3 December 2018.